Billing Inquiries / New ResidentsPlease call the Water Billing Department at (630) 257-6277 for billing information, final bills, meter readings and new resident information, Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Water Service Rates Effective 10/1/2019
| Type of Charge
|| Regular Fee
|| Senior Citizen Fee
|Minimum Charge (4,000 gallons)|| $38.60
|Each additional 1,000 gallons|| $6.95
New rates became effective for water use on October 1, 2019. Water rates increase in the Village of Lemont annually. On October 1, the rate increased from $37.48 to $38.60 for the first 4,000 gallons of water used. For every thousand gallons used after that, the rate increased from $6.81 to $6.95 Sewer rates remained unchanged.
On October 1, 2019 the senior rate increased from $18.75 to $19.31, and each additional thousand gallons increased from $3.41 to $3.48 per thousand. The senior rate is 50% of the regular rate.
Sewer rates remain unchanged.
Residential - $30.00 flat rate
Commercial - $30.00 for the first 20,000 gallons of usage and $0.25 for every 1,000 gallons thereafter.
Senior Residential - $17.50
Senior Citizen Discount
A Senior Citizen discount is available to residents at age 65. The discount applies only to the dwelling unit in which the senior resides. To obtain the discount, the senior must provide one of each of the following:
- Proof of age (65 or older), Birth Certificate, Driver's License or a State I.D.
- Proof of residency of property: Driver's License or a State I.D.
- Proof of ownership of property: property tax bill or closing papers.
- Proof of tenant residency in an individually metered unit: current lease agreement.
- To apply for the Senior Citizen Discount, download and print the Application for Senior Citizen Discount, fill it out and bring it with you to the Village Hall with the required documentation.
- Water/Sewer charges are billed bi-monthly.
- Payment options
- Online payments via our website - Online Payments
- Mail or drop off. Please make checks payable to: Village of Lemont
- After hours drop box located in the vestibule at 416 Main Street (the former police department)
- In person at the Village Hall Monday-Friday 8:30-5pm.
- Direct Debit. Applications are available online or at the Village Hall: 418 Main Street.
For after hours water or sewer emergencies call (630) 257-2226.