Administrative Adjudication gives citizens the opportunity to contest Village ordinance violations.  These proceedings are civil in nature rather than criminal and cases are heard by a certified hearing officer instead of a judge.  Administrative Adjudication provides police officers, code enforcement officers and other Village employee’s, the ability to issue citations for minor Village ordinance violations without criminally charging a person. 

Administrative Adjudication is responsible for prosecuting parking violations, administrative tows, animal citations and various other Village ordinance violations. The hearings are held twice a month at the Lemont Police Department, located at 14600 127th Street, Lemont, IL.

Local Ordinance and Parking Violations can be paid at the Lemont Police Department prior to the hearing date unless "Must Appear" is noted on the citation.   All payments made after business hours can be placed in the payment box located in the lobby.

For any questions please contact Melissa Gracia at (630) 257-2229 or by email.   For more information regarding the Administrative Adjudication process please click the link below.

Administrative Adjudication

How to protest Commuter Citations ONLY:

Download and complete the Commuter Protest Form (please click the link below), place the document containing your name, address, and daytime phone number, along with a copy of violation notice into an envelope and affix proper postage before mailing.


Supporting Materials You should also enclose copies of any documents (i.e., photos, a payment receipt, or copy of parking permit) necessary to show that you are not liable. Include the violation notice number on all supporting documents. Do not send originals, they will not be returned. A decision will be mailed to you. Protests must be filed within 7 days of receiving the violation.

Commuter Protest Form

What happens if a Notice of Violation is ignored?

If you ignore the Notice, a hearing officer may enter a Default Judgment against you based on the evidence presented. A "Default Judgment" is similar to a Judge's order in that it can be used to place a lien on your property, garnish your wages and/or affect your credit. The Village will request that the maximum fine be imposed in default matters.

How can I change my court date?

If you want to change your court date because of circumstances beyond your control, you must make your request so that it is received at least five (5) business days before your court date. The court needs the time to notify all parties to your case of the change.

We do not accept telephone requests to change court dates. You must request the change either in person, by mail (Please fill out form in link below) or by FAX (630-257-5087). If you are making your request by mail or fax, you must indicate your name, date of birth, case number and the type of violation in your letter. The court will notify you by mail of your new court date. Unless you receive a new court date, make sure that you appear on your originally scheduled date. If you do not pay your fine or appear on your court date, the judge may enter a judgment against you.

Change of Hearing Date Request

What can I Do About a Default Judgment?

If you: 1) missed your hearing date for a good reason; 2) have good reason to believe that the Notice went to the wrong address; or 3) believe that the Village cited the wrong person, business or property, you may file a written Motion to Vacate a Default Judgment (please click the link below) with the Lemont Police Department. In general, your Motion must be filed within 21 daystof the mailing date stamped on top of the default judgment order. Motions are not granted automatically. You must file your motion on time and you must provide good reason why you did not respond to the Notice of Violation. A motion form may be downloaded and filed in person Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM:at the Lemont Police Department, 14600 127th Street location only.

Motion to Vacate

What Happens If Someone Does Not Comply with a Hearing Officer's Order?

A hearing officer's order can be enforced in the same manner as a Judge's order in that it can be used to place a lien on your property, garnish your wages and/or affect your credit.